sâmbătă, 13 aprilie 2013

Letters to an old friend ( #2 )

            My beloved friend,


    I am wondering if you remember our first proper date. Cause I do. Every single detail. Don't know why, we - girls, have to remember like, everything. Makes it so hard when you're trying to forget someone. I remember we went for a tea and ended up walking without a destination. Just walking... It was so easy to be around you. No pressure, no empty conversations, no awkwardness. Even if we didn't discuss where we'll spend the evening, we both agreed tacitly: the lake. We weren't normal people, so we didn't took a seat on the bench. Instead we laid on the grass and watched the stars. It was such a clear sky, such a beautiful evening. I still remember the sound made by crickets and frogs, the light of the moon on your face, your soft voice telling me about your future plans, about the promises you made to God and how you're afraid you're not going to be able to fulfill them. I'm still praying for you, you know? Asking God to guide you, to take care of you and lead you to your purpose. I've told you then and I'm telling you right now: I know it's hard to step out from your comfort  zone. I know it's hard to change. There will be obstacles in your way, giants who will try their best to keep you away from your amazing destiny. You were made for so much more than living, working, getting married and have kids. You were made to do great things. I believe in you, it's time for you to do the same. Follow your dreams! Don't let them fade away. You CAN do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens you. (Philippians 4:13) Remember that, would you?

While I was talking you asked me if I was alright, cause my voice was shaking a little. I tried  to be brave but I couldn't. There were so many things rushing through my mind... Had so much pain in my heart because of Juliette abortion. You saw beyond my fake smile, you knew something wasn't right. It was a nice feeling; to know I have somebody who truly cares about my feelings. You listened to me. You prayed with me. You were such an encouragement for me. I didn't even know how the time past so quickly. Even if I didn't want to, I had to go home cause my parents were expecting me at a decent hour. Hahaha... Yeah, my sweetest parents.
You walked me home, though we could've take your car. I didn't complained. I'm sure we both wanted to spent a little more time together.  It was such a beautiful night... Do you remember? Do you?


                                                                                                     With love,
                                                                                                              Anne






Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu